Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The differences in measuring wraps

Ok out of curiosity I decided to do an experiment of sorts. There is a lot of question about the true difference between measurements so here goes. In this, I started with a woven post wash that had not been messed with at all after washing.

First, I laid it out in the hallway and got a flat measurement:



Next, I measured it "Soft tape in hand" aka STIH:


Then, I ironed it. I generally iron one side, flip it and iron the other. For time purposes I ironed one side of the wrap and measured STIH: 



What I found interesting was my findings. 

Flat Measurement: 3.45m (136in)
STIH:  3.68m (145in)
STIH post ironing: 3.83m (151in)

That is just around an entire size difference between flat measurement and post iron measurement. I've noticed a lot of complaints about wraps being received freshly washed and measuring short as well as difference in ways of measuring them once received. I thought this would be a great way to show the difference of measurements how important measuring correctly can be. I will try to update after a few uses with the wrap as well to show how using the wrap a few times can also have an impact on the measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment